Buying a boiler on finance with HomeServe
Getting a new boiler on finance could be an option for homeowners looking for added flexibility for their purchase*.
Buying a boiler can be expensive, so if a one-off payment isn’t an option for you, we could introduce you to our finance lender who may be able to assess whether any other finance options are available to you*.
Our £0 deposit offer is an example of one of the options that may be available. With this offer, you may be able to avoid paying a down payment for your new boiler installation by financing the total price of the boiler and the installation— spreading your payments over an agreed term*.
- 36 months Interest Free Credit 0% APR, or 3, 4, 5, 8 or 10 years 9.9% APR representative.*
- £0 deposit options available.
- Minimum loan amount of £500
Illustrative example for 3 years 0% interest free credit
|Cash price||Deposit||Total loan amount||Term of Loan||Monthly cost||Total charge for credit||Total repayable||Interest Rate||Representative APR|
Representative example: Cash price £3178.26 with £0 deposit. Total loan amount £3,178.26. Repayable by 36 monthly repayments of £88.29.Total charge for credit £0. Total amount repayable £3,178.26 (including deposit of £0). Interest Rate is 0% per annum fixed. Representative APR 0% fixed. Subject to status. Representative example accurate as at 1st March 2022.
Illustrative example for 9.9% APR Interest Bearing Credit
|Cash price||Deposit||Total loan amount||Term of loan||Monthly cost||Total charge for credit||Total repayable||Interest Rate||Representative APR|
Representative example: Cash price £2,939.81 with £0 deposit. Total loan amount £2939.81. Repayable by 60 monthly repayments of £61.71.Total charge for credit £762.72. Total amount repayable £3,702.53 (including deposit of £0). Interest Rate is 9.9% per annum fixed. Representative APR 9.9% fixed. Subject to status. Representative example accurate as at 1st March 2022.
HomeServe Membership Limited is a credit broker, not a lender. Barclays Partner Finance acts as the lender. If you choose a credit option, Help-Link UK Limited trading as HomeServe will receive commission from Barclays Partner finance which is a fixed percentage of the total loan amount. For more information, contact Help-Link UK Limited. The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history, so do the terms you may be offered. Other finance, deposit and term options are available. Access to finance is not guaranteed and credit is subject to status, affordability assessment and credit checks.
Quote to installation, ways to pay
HomeServe aims to make the process for your new boiler installation as quick and easy as possible. Follow these simple steps to purchasing your new boiler:
- Step 1: Online Quote - Simply answer a few quick and easy questions and within a matter of seconds you could receive your free, personalised quote!
- Step 2: Book a survey - An advisor will get in touch with you to arrange a qualified surveyor to visit your home at a convenient time for you.
- Step 3: Your Survey - At a time selected by you, your surveyor will arrive and will seek to conduct a thorough inspection of your home heating system, aiming to provide you with the information you need to move forward with your installation.
- Step 4: Finding a way to pay - Once you’re happy to move forward with your quote and installation plan, we’ll provide you with the information you need to choose a suitable payment option for you; referring you to our lender if needed.
- Step 5: Your new boiler installation -Once steps 1-4 are completed, you could be all set to get your brand new, A-rated boiler installed by one of our qualified, Gas Safe registered engineers.
Why Choose HomeServe?
We’re amongst the UK’s leading boiler specialists. Over the years, HomeServe has established itself as a trusted and reliable provider of domestic heating services, constantly prioritising top-quality workmanship as well as customer satisfaction. Whether you’re in need of a boiler installation, repair or service, we’ll aim to provide you with exactly what you need within a suitable and convenient timeframe. Contact us now to discuss how we could help you get your home heating up and running efficiently and discuss ways to pay.
Using finance to buy a boiler
A boiler is one of the most important appliances in your home. A source of both heating and hot-water, these systems typically have a significant impact on the levels of comfort experienced in your household. As a result of its important role, it is key that you ensure that the boiler you install in your home is efficient, safe and of decent quality – which often comes at a price.
A new boiler could indeed be a costly expense, however, a boiler that effectively provides central heating to your home could be regarded as a worthwhile investment. To help ensure that you get a boiler that’s suitable for your needs, HomeServe could refer you to Barclays Partner Finance if you require finance to facilitate your purchase.
Please note that credit is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. There are some minimum criteria if you later decide to apply for finance:
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in full time work (16 hours or more a week), retired, or in receipt of disability allowance
- Earn at least £6,000 a year
- Have been a UK resident for three years or more
- Have a mobile phone number
- Have an email address
- Have a UK bank account from which Direct Debits can be taken
- Have no outstanding County Court Judgements (CCJs)
What is finance and what kind of options may be available?
Getting something on finance generally means that you have chosen to pay for the item in installments instead of opting for a one-off payment. Regarding finance, some prefer this option as it could allow them to get what they want when they need it, as opposed to having to wait until they have saved up the funds to make the purchase in full. Most finance options require you to pay your installments monthly with interest placed on top of the payments over the term of the finance agreement; this means you will pay more than the original amount you borrowed.
Finance acceptance is not guaranteed, it is subject to status and credit searches are usually required. The terms and conditions offered by the lender must also be taken into consideration.
The following are examples of some typical finance terms and agreements that may be referred to or offered by lenders:
A deposit, in general terms, means an upfront payment. Some companies may request for a deposit to be paid, others may not. In both cases, if you’re using finance to purchase goods or services, a deposit could alter the amount you pay back. £0 deposit finance plans generally allow you to finance your entire purchase without paying any money upfront.
Contrastingly, paying a deposit could mean that you may apply for a lower loan amount. Interest rates charged on loans may vary depending on your personal circumstances, the loan amount requested and lender’s rates (this list is not exhaustive).
Homeserve is a trading name of Help-Link UK Limited. Help-Link does not provide financial advice. The information contained on this page is for information only and is not promoting or recommending entering into a finance agreement with any lender. If you require any advice or recommendations, then Independent financial advice should be sought from a suitably qualified financial advisor. Loans are subject to status, credit checks and affordability and should not be assumed as guaranteed.
* Credit is subject to status, affordability assessment and credit checks. Interest free credit is not available with Ideal Logic Boilers. Terms & Conditions apply. Other options are available. Finance can be taken out with or without a deposit and capital payments can be made at any time to reduce your loan.
About the lender
HomeServe Membership Limited is a credit broker, not a lender. Barclays Partner Finance acts as the lender. If you choose a credit option, Help-Link UK Limited trading as HomeServe will receive commission from Barclays Partner finance which is a fixed percentage of the total loan amount. For more information, contact Help-Link UK Limited.
Barclays Partner Finance is a trading name of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited, a member of the Barclays group. Clydesdale Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number 311753. Registered in England under company number 2901725. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.